Sunday 11 March 2012

stuff i love

I guess another thing I wanted to do was to post a great big endorsement post on all the things I love to use on myself. Ok well maybe it won't be great, or big. I like to think of myself as a simple girl who doesn't take too much to get ready. My boyfriend may disagree, but compared to other girls I know, the products I use are minimal. 

I used to live with this girl who literally covered the entire bathroom counter with products. (Julia at the fashion keeper can verify that it's true!) I really don't know how this girl had enough space on her body to accommodate all of her products.

Anyways, here's a few that I could probably live without, but I just wouldn't want to.


For my face: I love Clinique's dramatically different lotion, what's great is that this moisturizer comes in a gel form (for the summer when your face can be a little more oily) as well as a cream form (for the winter when your skin is dry). It is a little expensive, in my opinion, but totally worth it. 

I also love Bare Escentuals makeup. Its all minerals and in three steps gives your skin a great even tone. And what's better is that it's actually good for your skin. It doesn't clog your pores and is great for a real natural look. The only downside is that it isn't so great at covering those whopper pimples that I know I'm sometimes prone to get. But I feel like by not covering the zit up with a ton of concealer actually makes it heal faster. So, it's kind of a win-win.

I also just learned about a liquid liner by Stila, it's great. I guess that's all you can say about it. And my new favourite mascara has to be Hypnose by Lancome. It's disgustingly overpriced. But now I'm hooked and I wouldn't give it up ever. I also really like 'Naked Lunch' eyeshadow by MAC. It's almost the same colour as my eyelids, but just adds a tiny bit of warmth and sparkle. Natural, yet pretty.



For my hair and body: I love my hair. It's probably my favourite part of me, and I want to take care of it good. I try to only wash it every other day, and when I do wash it, I try to never blow dry it. I'm also obsessed with Moroccan Oil, and this Kerastase oil that came in my Fashion Week gift bag. Basically any oil that smells nice and I can rub on my noggin for shiny hair is going to win me over. 

For the days when I don't wash my hair, I spray Hair Play in it by KMS, it's a dry shampoo. It smells fresh and just absorbs all the grease in your hair. I even keep a little travel sized can of it in my purse in case I need a touch up during the day, which isn't often because it works so good. 

Whether the snow likes it or not, Summer is coming and that means shorts and tank tops. I use coconut body butter from the Body Shop all over myself whenever I get the chance, it's not super greasy and it smells the way a tropical goddess would smell so I am all about that. You can even buy it with shimmer on it which is great for summer too. A little shimmer never hurt anyone.

So there you have it. My favourite products as of right now. Is there anything that YOU use right now that you can't get enough of??



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's TALK