Thursday 3 May 2012

Fashioney apps

Sometimes I think about what I would do if I didn't have a super fancy tricked out cell phone that can do anything and everything under the sun. I am not young enough to not be able to remember a time without these crazy smart phones, my first cell phone came at the age of 18 and was literally, a tiny brick that could only take phone calls. No texting. (OMG NO WAY)

I remember when Snake was the coolest game you could ever get on your phone, and downloading a ringtone took like an hour and having a unique tone made you the coolest person in the world. I still look down at this little contraption on my desk and am quite amazed at all the crazy things it does. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it.

What's really amazing though is the span of apps that there is. You can go to the app store and search for anything, just by typing in your interests. So with that in mind, here are a few of my favourite FASHION apps.

1. Stylebook: If you've ever been on this blog, you have most likely heard me yammer on about Stylebook, it's a little expensive for an app, but totally worth it!

Organize your closet however you like!
Categorize your looks.



















2.OPI: I love buying nail polishes, and this app makes it more fun than ever! With this app, you can choose your skin tone, and see what different OPI polishes will look like on your nails! It also gets updated all the time with new OPI collections. Easy Peasy!

You can "Favourite" colours... 
And even share them on Facebook!



















3. Mulberry: It's no secret that I would do horrible things to get my hands on a Mulberry bag, but for now I have to settle for the Mulberry app. It's a pretty solid app as far as designer apps go. (I feel like I said 'app' way too often in that sentence!) With this application you can shop online, (I wish!) look at their ad campaigns, runway show and even check out their blog. All in all a great app to daydream to.

Shop or make a wishlist.
Check out all aspects of the new collection!



















4. Lookbook: Every fashionista worth her salt checks Lookbook on a semi regular basis, this app is an obvious one. The way it's set up is very simple and easy to use, although I wish there was an option to search for a specific lookbook-er or to even log in to your own lookbook. It's still a great time waster, which isn't that what most apps are?

Browse current Looks.
Filter them too!


















5. Net-A-Porter: Another fun fantasy shopping app, this one boasts "Fashion News" and editorials every once in a while, which can be pretty interesting. For some reason when I think Net-A-Porter, I think Gwyneth Paltrow, and then I get all stuck on GOOP and how ridiculous it is. Anyways, neat app. 

Shop by designer or by item.
Look for different features, updated regularly.




















What are your favourite fashion apps???






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's TALK