Monday 26 November 2012

We can't avoid this any longer.

Today is November 26th and Christmas is less than a month away. There's a few reasons why I love Christmas and a few reasons why I wish the holiday would just go away altogether.

One pro, is that I love GIVING presents. So much, that whenever I buy something for someone, I practically need to completely cut contact with the person until Christmas, or else I will explode and tell them all the things I bought for them, out of sheer excitement.

One of the cons for Christmas for me, is that I always seem to get sick either on Christmas day, or Boxing day. It's like my body is being a trooper for the busy times that precede the big day, but once Christmas is over, my body says, "screw you guys, I'm going home" and leaves me sick.

This time, last year I was compiling list upon list of gift ideas for people to get me. I was indexing things on Excel spreadsheets, (good with Excel, add that to the resume) and was dropping hints like it was going out of style.

This year though, I find myself kind of speechless. Sure, there's tons of things that I want. I do come from the want-it-now generation, so being completely want-less is almost impossible for me, but in terms of gift giving. I don't want my loved ones to give me anything. I am already given WAY more than I deserve every day of my life.

I look around at my nice apartment, with my nice things and good clothes and designer bags and think, "I don't really NEED anything."

Every day is Christmas for me, I get to spend my time with my family; whenever they can, they help me out, they give me their support in almost everything I do and we laugh. We eat good food and have warm houses.

That being said, I'm really liking the new Balenciaga Florabotanica perfume.... ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's TALK