Friday 9 March 2012

no carb, no problem

So far my no carb diet is going swimmingly! I'm learning recipes that I never thought I'd be able to pull off, and they're actually good! It's kind of restricting not being able to eat potatoes or pasta in the evening, but I'm making due with things like zucchini and spaghetti squash. I almost can't wait to come home at night and cook something different.


The dinner portion of my meal plan says that I can't have any carbs or starch for dinner, and I need one protein with two veggies. Apparently this is going to be the trifecta of losing weight for me. And like I said. So far I'm really proud of how I am doing.


I've never been one to stick to a diet or exercise regime, so coming this far and not really having any slip ups, is a great feeling. 


I've also been trying to work out more. Although my workouts are consisting of flailing around the apartment playing 'Just Dance' for wii. In my opinion it's an amazing workout for someone like me who wants to shoot themselves the second they step on a treadmill. You pretty much work out every part of your body in Just Dance and work up just as much of a sweat, and burn as many calories as you would on an elliptical. Although you have to put the effort in. I go balls to the wall dancing when I do it. I pretend I'm Britney Spears performing for a million people. 


steak with browned onions and steamed broccoli
roast pork, green beans, roasted zucchini with salsa
spaghetti squash and zucchini lasagna

So right now I'm just really optimistic about everything, and really excited to go home, eat a healthy dinner and Just Dance!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's TALK