Wednesday 18 April 2012

Spring Cleaning

This bout of springy weather inspired me to begin breaking out my spring goods. I've been focusing a lot on the things I need (want) for spring, that I've forgotten that I've got a few great pieces already!

Part of my problem was the fact was that I was storing all of my spring and summer dresses in Charles' guitar closet. So step one was to take 'em out!!


Oh great, there's a Baxter on my garment bags.


It's no secret that in the summer I LOVE wearing dresses. In fact between May and September and I just flat out don't wanna wear pants. I got this amazing eyelet dress at BCBG last year, its such a great day dress. And this super fun colourful number is from Urban Outfitters. It's backless, which I love.


I also got this amazing bright COPE dress last year. It's very asymmetrical at the bottom and is kind of longer than most of the dresses I have. The patterned dress was actually my prom dress LOL. I was a hippie for my prom in this really cool Marciano dress that I still wear today! How many people can say that about THEIR prom dresses?!


This green BCBG runway dress is probably my favourtie dress that I own. It's literally perfect in every way. And I love this little ruffled sun dress from Jacob. It has feathers on it. I don't know about you, but I am starting to get EXCITED about these dresses!!!!


I've also got a few standard Aritzia dresses which are super practical for work, but can be dressed up for night time too! I wore the darker one to a fancy dinner at Mont Tremblant last year, one of the rare occasions when the meal costs more than your outfit. Yikes....


Oh Hey Dakota! 


In keeping with the Spring Cleaning trend, I decided today to buy some new nail polishes. I've never tried essie before, (I'm a devout OPI girl) but so far I'm impressed! I used the lilacs on my toes (opting for a lighter colour after my "Jade is the new Black" fiasco) and I like it!



A girl also needs to have an assortment of footwear at her disposal this time of year. From one day to the other you never know if it's going to be sunny and warm, sunny and cold or cold and cold and rainy. So I've got some cute heels, some black flats, (my basics for work) some wellies for those rain days, or if you find yourself at a music festival all of a sudden, and some nice weather boots. A 
veritable cornucopia!


Oh thanks for getting off my garment bags Baxter.


I also LURVE scarves. All kinds. Designer scarves, vintage scarves, homemade scarves. OH YEAH.


Spring is also the time to bust out some light and breezy blazers. Put the black away! I've got a couple great cream blazers from the Gap and Aritzia respectively, an incredible white BCBG blazer and this amazing green blazer that was an absolute bargain. ($25???!?!? YES)


I've also broken out some spring time reading. Part of being a grown-up is not being embarrassed by the things you enjoy. I'm not going to lie to you, I really enjoy the Sookie Stackhouse mystery books. I'll be the first to tell you that I think they're not very well written. But I can't get enough!!! I also have to get around to reading the second book in the Hunger Games series...I'm a bandwagon jumper, I know.

So there's what I did this evening. Aren't I productive when my boyfriend is at band practice?! SPEAKING of bands. This coming Monday (April 23) is the Big Money Shot. It's kind of a battle of the bands by Live 88.5 and Charles' band, Right By Midnight is going to be competing! If anyone is in the area they should totally come! It's going to be at Ritual Nightclub and I think it starts at 8PM. Support Local Music babies! 

Have a good night, and maybe see you Monday!


1 comment:

  1. I love all the dresses, I think I need to get a couple for summer. I also love the nail polishes you got! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Let's TALK