Tuesday 14 August 2012

And so it begins...

Well you guys, it has finally started! The moment we all wait eight and a half months for each year. You know what I'm talking about...Fall shopping!

I'm starting off slow and thrifty, which to be honest is kind of going to be my pace this year. Back to school is draining most of my funds not leaving much left for clothes. But to be honest I'm kind of proud of myself so far for not going all out.

I'm one of those people that seem automatically drawn to the more expensive things in life, despite not having an abundance of funds, but I'm proud to say that so far most of what I've bought for fall has either been on sale or cheaper than an item that I wanted to buy somewhere else. I'm learning!




I have such a love affair with blazers, I love wearing them instead of cardigans or hoodies. (I actually don't even own any hoodies, if I need one, I just borrow it from Charles!) And this blazer is the perfect wine colour and the perfect material for wearing indoors, or with a scarf on a cool fall day.

I also love this knit. I was drooling over an Acne sweater that is a really similar grey-black colour, but not having $300 (Outrageous!) to spend on one sweater, I compromised and got this one instead for a fraction of the price.  And I love it!

I found these Steve Madden boots at Marshall's the other day for half price and just knew they had to come home with me. They're so cool and casual. Perfect for fall and winter.

So there you go. I've started my fall stockpile. Have you started hunting/gathering yours?

10 comments:

  1. That marooon blazer is beautiful- one of my fave fall colours! I have spent all my budget on home decor so will be re-styling fall clothes from last season in an updated way instead- cheap and cheerful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home decor is probably my second favourite thing to shop for. I totally understand your situation! :)

      Delete
  2. That blazer is gorgeous! What a pretty color!
    I've started getting myself in the Fall mindset and I could not be more excited! It is crazy how much joy you can get just by layering haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! At the thought of piling on snoods and socks I just feel so...HAPPY.

      Delete
  3. Fall shopping is my favorite. I cannot wait to wear leather again.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I actually just bought a pretty wicked leather jacket too. woops!

      Delete
  4. Show me that sweater sometime and I can tell you if it can be easily knitted on one of my machines :-)

    Love the boots! And the blazer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it can! I have the same sweater only in a burgundy colour that I'm pretty sure you fixed for me when I snagged it on something!

      Delete
  5. I love back to school shopping,
    Esp. cause it goes hand in hand with perfect fall weather!!
    Can't wait for all the navies, dark reds and greys to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those boots! Marshall's is so awesome for shoes isn't it :) great finds.

    ReplyDelete

Let's TALK